(A) What each member of every Board of Education must know about CRT:
1) It is racist
2) It is being taught in some K-12 schools in the U.S. (I don’t know how many) with the intent to expand--- in addition to higher education
3) It is being required of adults in various large companies/organizations across America
4) Its critics are not the ones with hateful beliefs
5) it does not give kids "tools" needed to function in the world (not science, technology, math, language--you know the small stuff)
6) Last summer Education Secretary Miguel Cardona planned on tying school funding across America to the teaching of CRT but walked back after the outcry
7) CRT is and being pursued unofficially and quietly expanded at this very moment
8) Parents should have a large say in telling schools what they should teach....they aren't the government's kids and parents are not "dopey"...they are your partners
(B) What each member of every Board of Education must be aware of about CRT in your particular education system.
1) CRT has likely gained a foothold in your school system under the banner of "cultural consciousness"
2) The curriculum for which you are responsible is already teaching "racism" more often than not cleverly disguised
3)Some (many?) of your fellow Board Members have swallowed the snake oil and are likely to brand you as bigots and racists if you demand transparency
4) You are obligated to consider the indoctrination you have been subject to from: the SERC, written materials, seminars, etc. The persistent propaganda!
5) Inquire if your students are taught that they are functioning..."completely soaked in racist ideas."
6) Are students being taught of oppression enforced by covert white supremacy, or, taught to rank themselves according to "power and privilege"
7) Realize proponents of CRT are aware of being scrutinized and so are operating by stealth, suggestion, indirection, every sort of guile, in addition to overt measures
8) CRT is not an honest reckoning with our nation's history. Don’t be fooled by moderate/friendly tones which is merely a strategy to convince.
(C) What each member of every Board of Education must do
1) Do not allow children to be taught that 'white bad" and allow people to be forced to say so, even little kids.
2) Do not reflexively concur that your educational system is not teaching CRT in any form. Examine for subtle, as well as, not so subtle incursions of the doctrine
3) Require accountability in the form of written reports to yourselves from teachers, every half semester, regarding what has been taught in the classrooms
4) Require summaries from students every half semester regarding what they have been taught. Increase monitoring and report accountability to parents.
5) Fully accept the responsibility that you are " in loco parentis" and responsible for the children under your care.
(D) What is the Primary Obligation of each member of every Board of Education
It is not sufficient to prohibit the teaching of CRT. It is the Primary Obligation (PO) of each Board Member to identify every premise and doctrine of CRT and actively advocate teaching against it. It must not be ignored. It will not go away or magically disappear. It must, like the noxious weed that it is, be pulled out by its roots, every root and strand to be examined in the class room and eliminated. It is incumbent on you to know the enemy and not allow it to have a latent presence in the courses being taught. History must be taught in the fullness of its triumphs and tragedies but it must not be skewed through the prisms of CRT. Sugar coating is not allowed is a fair premise upon which to proceed. and, by all means go public with the steps you are taking. Parents and public must know of your principled stances and who opposes you. You must make clear exactly what is being taught outright and what is being smuggled in. And you must disseminate that information to the widest audience possible, along with what you approve of and what you disapprove. You are to be applauded for being willing to serve but now your constituents must have the means to measure your service according to their lights and consistent with the dictates of your consciences.
(E) What red flags must each member of every Board of Education be alert to in order to prevent it's planting in the classrooms
1) "White supremacy is a system created by white Europeans, for the purpose of assigning and maintaining white skin access to power and privilege."
2) The United States is a "white supremacy system" and teaches that we are guilty of "white supremacy thinking" and "internalized racial superiority."
3) "White supremacy culture" is defined by "individualism" "objectivity" "paternalism" defensiveness" "power hoarding" "right to comfort and worship of the written word"
4) Racial minorities suffer from "constructed racist oppressors and internalized racial inferiority, they struggle with internal messaging such as, "we believe that there is something wrong with people of color" "we have suffered lowered self-esteem" "we have lowered expectations" "we have very limited choices" "we have a sense of limited possibilities"
5) Racial minorities are forced to buy into the myths perpetrated by a racist system and develop feelings of "self-hate" rage and ethnocentrism----are forced to "forget" "lie" and "stop feeling" to survive
6) The solution is for white people to work on "white anti-racist development" and to accept the "guilt and shame ' and that which is "not white"
7) Teaching that America is a system of White supremacy
8) Teaching that Capitalism is racist
(F) A Heartfelt Plea to each member of every Board of Education
CRT expands not lessens the divisions in our country. It is the exact opposite of what it advertises itself to be. It is not an attempt at achieving long sought racial fairness and equality as is evident in the plea for equity(equal outcomes) rather than equality. (equal opportunities). It is apt to declare that CRT as lunacy and the way madness lies. There is a permeability between madness and sanity and it is easy to slip from one to the other. I appeal to you as Keepers of the Gates of Education who have undertaken the enormous task of overseeing the education of the next generation. You are our best hope and first line of defense against the curricula that surreptitiously entered into the realm where children are entrusted to teachers and administrators for their advancement in learning and the experience of brotherhood. Intercede now that the creation of racially segregated "Student Affinity Groups and the implementation of " a collective equity framework" has been revealed. Announce its presence where you discern it where you discern it and be proactively engaged by working in unison with parents to fulfill your Primary Obligations (PO) as enunciated in Section D above.